|Curried Salmon (Illustration Only)|
- Any remains of boiled salmon,
- 3/4 pint of strong or medium stock,
- 1 onion,
- 1 tablespoonful of curry-powder,
- 1 teaspoonful of Harvey's sauce,
- 1 teaspoonful of anchovy sauce,
- 1 oz. of butter,
- the juice of 1/2 lemon,
- cayenne and salt to taste.
- Cut up the onions into small pieces, and fry them of a pale brown in the butter;
- add all the ingredients but the salmon, and simmer gently till the onion is tender,
- occasionally stirring the contents;
- cut the salmon into small square pieces,
- carefully take away all skin and bone, lay it in the stewpan, and let it gradually heat through;
- but do not allow it to boil long.
Time. 3/4 hour.